Translating wallet apps in French

Hey!

I am currently exploring how the user experience is like for Blockcerts recipients. I am working with French students and I would like to provide them a French version of both the iOS and android wallets. I am ready to do the translation. I have seen this thread: Italian version of wallet apps but apps don’t appear in Italian on the stores.

I understand you are welcoming open source contributions and I’d like to participate.

• Can I just fork the repos on github, perform the proper translations, and submit a pull request?
  • When we agree that the translations are fine, how long does it take for the modifications to be pushed to the Apple app store and Google play store?
  • Can we provide a dictionary with French words to generate the seed?

Thank you very much,
Looking forward to contributing,
Florent.

1 Like

The Italian translations are still underway. Android is done but having build/test problems, iOS hasn’t gotten started yet but I believe a community member is looking into it.

1. Yes, you can fork and then PR.
  2. Once it’s fully merged into master on both iOS and Android, I would estimate on a few weeks to a month or so. Hopefully sooner but can make no promises.
  3. Officially, there are only a few languages with BIP39 support, French and Italian being included. Things would need to be refactored to support other languages and then need to be very thoroughly tested. https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/bip-0039-wordlists.md

Thank you for your quick answer, I’m on it!