Dependancy issues (Mac)

After a rough start I initially got relatively far along in the process of issuing certificates in regtest mode, however I was having a few issues so decided to start again from scratch. To do so I WIPED MY WHOLE MAC and I now have a totally fresh install but unfortunately I’m just getting errors back for cert-issuer. I cloned both cert-tools and cert-issuer and tried run cert-issuer. Doing so resulted in:

cert-tools 2.0.11 has requirement configargparse>=0.13.0, but you’ll have configargparse 0.12.0 which is incompatible.

Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=0.23 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from Jinja2>=2.10->flask>=0.10.1->connexion>=1.1.14->cert-core>=2.1.9->cert-issuer) (1.0)
cert-tools 2.0.11 has requirement configargparse>=0.13.0, but you’ll have configargparse 0.12.0 which is incompatible.

Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=0.23 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from Jinja2>=2.10->flask>=0.10.1->connexion>=1.1.14->cert-core>=2.1.9->cert-tools) (1.0)
cert-issuer 2.0.15 has requirement configargparse==0.12.0, but you’ll have configargparse 0.13.0 which is incompatible.

I also I’ve also been having problems with pysha3 versions that seem to conflict…

Has anyone else had these issues and gotten around them on a mac?

For the record this is now working after installing/uninstalling various versions of pip and cert-issuer via command line. I then got past this issue which showed the tool to run fine by using the command: create-certificate-template -c conf.ini

However at after modifying the conf file with my own data it started kicking back the following error (which was resolved by making sure my files were correct )

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/create-certificate-template”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘cert-tools==2.0.11’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘create-certificate-template’)()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cert_tools/create_v2_certificate_template.py”, line 191, in main
template = create_certificate_template(conf)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cert_tools/create_v2_certificate_template.py”, line 116, in create_certificate_template
badge = create_badge_section(config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cert_tools/create_v2_certificate_template.py”, line 30, in create_badge_section
‘image’: helpers.encode_image(cert_image_path),
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cert_tools/helpers.py”, line 31, in encode_image
with open(filename, “rb”) as image_file:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/parallels/folder/cert-tools/sample_data/images/ThumbsUp.png’

The last file was supposed to be thumbsup.jpg

Anyway just reporting for anyone that finds this info useful in debugging :slight_smile:

1 Like