Account creation

I have a question regarding the use of the app.
I’m about to receive a certificate throught this system, but I don’t currently own any device where the app is supported, my question is, can I make all the process on the phone of one of my friends or family, and then, when I buy a new phone, access my account?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Miguel,

It is indeed possible. As a matter of fact, you don’t create an account. Instead, your certificates are bound to a secret passphrase.

1. You’ll be prompted to store a secret passphrase when you will launch the app for the first time (this can be done on the device of one of your friend or family member).
  2. When you get your personal device, you should enter the same passphrase into the app and you’ll be able to claim ownership of the credentials bound to this passphrase.
  3. Something I suppose: It is unlikely that the certificates you previously earned automatically pop-up on you new phone. You may have to re-import them.

CAVEAT: It is discouraged to share this seed with anyone (see screenshot below). If it is something you want to do, you may want to fully trust the person you are borrowing the phone from.

Florent.

Exemple of passphrase when you launch the app for the first time:

Caveat message from within the app: