[RESOLVED] "Transaction occurred at time when issuing address was not considered valid."

Hi everyone,

Recently I am trying to deploy my first blockcert from the scratch. And here is roughly what I have done:

1. Generated a wallet address (as well as the private key) on the bitcoin testate

2. Created an issuer file and post it to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ppfish45/Blockcerts_test/master/test.json

3. Batched two unsigned certificates with this issuer_id above

4. Issue the two certificates by cert-issuer

5. Upload the signed certificates onto the blockcerts.org to see whether it can be verified

The step 0, 1, 2, 3 just went smoothly. However, when verifying the signed certificates on the website, it said “Transaction occurred at time when issuing address was not considered valid”.

I can’t figure out why it happens. Although there is a thread talking about this issue, I have not get any solution from it. My concerting is that - whether the website only accepts those certificates issued by the issuing address which is REGISTERED ON THE WEBSITE?

Or is it caused by some other reasons that I ignored?

I appreciate any of your help. Thanks!!!

Owen

Certificate Verification Error on Ethereum Ropsten chain

After looking into the problem, I hope to ask that:

1. is the issuing address in cert-issuer exactly the same as the public key in cert-tools?

2. what does the “created time” in cert-tools refer to?

Owen

Hi all,

I finally find the source of this error.
Please refer to https://github.com/blockchain-certificates/cert-tools/pull/35 to see the details of the issue. My case is caused by the messing up of the timezone.

Hope it helps if you have encountered the same issue.

Best,
Owen

Thanks for reporting your resolution!

Looks like that PR was merged in. Does that mean that by pulling down the latest version it fixed your issue?

Yup, actually that PR is raised by myself :grin: However I think this error may still caused by many other reasons, while this PR is minor.