ERROR - Unable to install cert-issuer

Using Ubuntu 16.04 with vagrant. I am following the steps from the document but getting error below:

*ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:*
  • command: /usr/bin/python3.6 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-1j93va3r/lxml/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-1j93va3r/lxml/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-pip-egg-info-8p1q6ahl*

•     cwd: /tmp/pip-install-1j93va3r/lxml/*

• Complete output (3 lines):*
  • Building lxml version 4.5.1.*
  • Building without Cython.*
  • Error: Please make sure the libxml2 and libxslt development packages are installed.*
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
    The command '/bin/sh -c apk add --update bash ca-certificates curl gcc gmp-dev libffi-dev libressl-dev linux-headers make musl-dev python python3 python3-dev tar && python3 -m ensurepip && pip3 install --upgrade pip setuptools && mkdir -p /etc/cert-issuer/data/unsigned_certificates && mkdir /etc/cert-issuer/data/blockchain_certificates && mkdir ~/.bitcoin && echo $‘rpcuser=foo\nrpcpassword=bar\nrpcport=8332\nregtest=1\nrelaypriority=0\nrpcallowip=127.0.0.1\nrpcconnect=127.0.0.1\n’ > /root/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf && pip3 install /cert-issuer/. && rm -r /usr/lib/python/ensurepip && rm -rf /var/cache/apk/* && rm -rf /root/.cache && sed -i.bak s/==1.0b1/>=1.0.2/g /usr/lib/python3./site-packages/merkletools-1.0.2-py3..egg-info/requires.txt’ returned a non-zero code: 1*

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

I faced a similar issue when running on Mac. I resolved it by adding the required packages to the Dockefile. You can do this by adding the libxml2-dev & libxslt-dev as part of the RUN apk step in your Dockerfile and then rebuild the image.

The step to updated is https://github.com/blockchain-certificates/cert-issuer/blob/7d03e7fc130b47d865dd05f3f4a47353b3c54c30/Dockerfile#L7

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting. This really worked.

Earlier, I was trying to manually install these dependencies but did not work. Updating Dockerfile helped overcome this issue.

Thanks,
Mihir

That was helpful. Thank you.