Cert-issuer -c conf.ini Error

When I run the command I get the following error:
What should I do?

TypeError: CertificateV3Handler.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'app_config'

conf.ini

issuing_address = 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000
verification_method = did:web:xxxxxxx.storage.googleapis.com#key-1
usb_name=.
key_file=key_file.txt

unsigned_certificates_dir=/Project/blockcerts/data/unsigned_certificates
blockchain_certificates_dir=/Project/blockcerts/data/blockchain_certificates
work_dir=/Project/blockcerts/data/work

chain = ethereum_sepolia
sepolia_rpc_url = https://eth-sepolia.g.alchemy.com/v2/ALO1O9NVB6XAs9pidhicAfAhZaLRwCKx

no_safe_mode

This looks like an error with Python rather than the library itself.

Did you modify the code?

You need to check why the app_config arg is not passed / available to the function

It worked fine by setting chain to mockchain.Thanks.
If I want to use the originally configured sepolia network, how should I configure it?
I originally defined it like this:

chain = ethereum_sepolia
sepolia_rpc_url = https://eth-sepolia.g.alchemy.com/v2/ALO1O9NVB6XAs9pidhicAfAhZaLRwCKx
issuing_address=0xyourissuingaddress
chain=ethereum_sepolia

in pk_issuer.txt: your private key

Thank you for your reply.
If you continue to specify “ethereum_sepolia” in the “chain” field, the same error below will occur.

😭 cert-issuer -c conf.ini
WARNING - Your app is configured to skip the wifi check when the USB is plugged in. Read the documentation to ensure this is what you want, since this is less secure
INFO - This run will try to issue on the ethereum_sepolia chain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/ogawaranaoki/.pyenv/versions/3.10.7/bin/cert-issuer", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(cert_issuer_main())
  File "/Users/ogawaranaoki/.pyenv/versions/3.10.7/lib/python3.10/site-packages/cert_issuer/__main__.py", line 17, in cert_issuer_main
    issue_certificates.main(parsed_config)
  File "/Users/ogawaranaoki/.pyenv/versions/3.10.7/lib/python3.10/site-packages/cert_issuer/issue_certificates.py", line 30, in main
    certificate_batch_handler, transaction_handler, connector = ethereum.instantiate_blockchain_handlers(app_config)
  File "/Users/ogawaranaoki/.pyenv/versions/3.10.7/lib/python3.10/site-packages/cert_issuer/blockchain_handlers/ethereum/__init__.py", line 64, in instantiate_blockchain_handlers
    certificate_handler=CertificateV3Handler(),
TypeError: CertificateV3Handler.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'app_config'

The conf.ini that is set is below.

verification_method=did:web:blockcerts-20230802.storage.googleapis.com#key-1
usb_name=.
key_file=pk.txt
unsigned_certificates_dir=/Users/ogawaranaoki/Project/blockcerts/data/unsigned_certificates
blockchain_certificates_dir=/Users/ogawaranaoki/Project/blockcerts/data/blockchain_certificates
work_dir=/Users/ogawaranaoki/Project/blockcerts/data/work

issuing_address=0xEd098A14695cA7Eb019615C9370D136EdAABf236
chain=ethereum_sepolia
sepolia_rpc_url=https://eth-sepolia.g.alchemy.com/v2/myalchemysepolianetkey

no_safe_mode

If you specify mockchain for chain, it will succeed, but if you change it to ethereum_sepolia, an app_config error will occur.

I solved this by changing the “certificate_handler=CertificateV3Handler()” to “certificate_handler=CertificateV3Handler(app_config)” in python3.10/site-packages/cert_issuer/blockchain_handlers/ethereum/init.py

Thanks so much!!

certificate_handler=CertificateV3Handler(app_config)

After making this modification, it worked!

@lemoustachiste
Is this a bug in cert-issuer?