Cert issuer error not enough satoshis with Bitcoin Core wallet - URGENT!

Dear,
I’ve already asked here about problem with satoshis here: Cert issuer error not enough satoshis

According to this thread: Not enough satoshis? [SOLVED]
we have installed Bitcoin Core wallet and created address (transferred money to that address…)

But we still get identical error:

bash-4.3# cert-issuer -c conf.ini
WARNING - Your app is configured to skip the wifi check when the USB is plugged in. Read the documentation to ensure this is what you want, since this is less secure
INFO - This run will try to issue on the bitcoin_regtest chain
INFO - Set cost constants to recommended_tx_fee=0.000600,min_per_output=0.000028,satoshi_per_byte=250
INFO - Set cost constants to recommended_tx_fee=0.000600,min_per_output=0.000028,satoshi_per_byte=250
INFO - Processing 38 certificates
INFO - Processing 38 certificates under work path=/cert-issuer/work
WARNING - {‘code’: -5, ‘message’: ‘Invalid Bitcoin address: 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ’}
WARNING - {‘code’: -5, ‘message’: ‘Invalid Bitcoin address: 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ’}
WARNING - address 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ has a balance of 0
INFO - Total cost will be 133500 satoshis
ERROR - Please add 133500 satoshis to the address 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ
ERROR - Please add 133500 satoshis to the address 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ
Traceback (most recent call last):
** File “/usr/bin/cert-issuer”, line 11, in **
** load_entry_point(‘cert-issuer==2.0.11’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘cert-issuer’)()**
** File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/main.py”, line 17, in cert_issuer_main**
** issue_certificates.main(parsed_config)**
** File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/issue_certificates.py”, line 52, in main**
** return issue(app_config, certificate_batch_handler, transaction_handler)**
** File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/issue_certificates.py”, line 30, in issue**
** transaction_handler.ensure_balance()**
** File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/bitcoin/transaction_handlers.py”, line 51, in ensure_balance**
** raise InsufficientFundsError(error_message)**
cert_issuer.errors.InsufficientFundsError: Please add 133500 satoshis to the address 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ

Please check our conf.ini:
issuing_address = 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ

# put your unsigned certificates here for signing. Default is /data/unsigned_certificates
unsigned_certificates_dir=/cert-issuer/data/unsigned_certificates
# signed certificates are the output from the cert signing step; input to the cert issuing step. Default is /data/signed_certificates
signed_certificates_dir=/cert-issuer/data/signed_certificates
# final blockchain certificates output. Default is /data/unsigned_certificates
blockchain_certificates_dir=/cert-issuer/data/blockchain_certificates
# where to store intermediate files, for debugging and checkpointing. Default is /data/work
work_dir=/cert-issuer/work

usb_name = /cert-issuer/
key_file = pk_issuer.txt

# which Bitcoin blockchain; regtest is default
bitcoin_chain=mainnet
#bitcoin_chain=regtest

# this disables the wifi check, and should only be used recommended during testing
no_safe_mode

bitcoind = False

Please if you have any suggestion what to do. It is very very urgent, please help!

Regards

Nikola

INFO - This run will try to issue on the bitcoin_regtest chain

This means that the argument for the mainnet is not properly parsed.

Are you using the latest version? If so, you will need to change:

bitcoin_chain=mainnet
to:
blockchain = bitcoin_mainnet

If you are not using the latest version, you can try and update to it, to see if that works

Dear,
thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Yes I’m working with the latest version of cert-issuer and it works with regtest without problems (I get the certificates…).
I’ve just tested it with blockchain = bitcoin_mainnet and still the same error ;(.

Please do you have any other clue?

Regards

Nikola

It calls mainnet now, but still same error ;( :

INFO - This run will try to issue on the bitcoin_mainnet chain
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/cert-issuer”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘cert-issuer==2.0.11’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘cert-issuer’)()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/main.py”, line 17, in cert_issuer_main
issue_certificates.main(parsed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/issue_certificates.py”, line 52, in main
return issue(app_config, certificate_batch_handler, transaction_handler)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/issue_certificates.py”, line 30, in issue
transaction_handler.ensure_balance()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cert_issuer/bitcoin/transaction_handlers.py”, line 51, in ensure_balance
raise InsufficientFundsError(error_message)
cert_issuer.errors.InsufficientFundsError: Please add 133500 satoshis to the address 1MgXUUgAv7YpKMHfb8SKyZgmsbpKtteRrZ

I think your installation is inconsistent. I noticed that you have main.py in the stack, which doesn’t exist. Try nuking your cert-issuer installation. and if you’re using docker, remove existing images and containers. Somewhere else in this forum I’ve given the commands; otherwise, google will help.

Dear Kim,
thanks for the answer.
I’me using docker at Mac (before that we hav stucked at Ubuntu with the same problem).
I remove regularly all unnecessary docker instances. I do not know how I had included main.py into stuck?!
I’ve been used the standard guidance:

git clone https://github.com/blockchain-certificates/cert-issuer.git && cd cert-issue
docker build -t bc/cert-issuer:1.0 .
docker run -it bc/cert-issuer:1.0 bash
after that I start cert-issuer inside docker with (cert-issuer folder and all unsigned certificates are inside unsigned folder…):
cert-issuer -c conf.ini

In regtest mode it works without problem than I do not know how to exclude main.py from the stuck.
It looks like no communication with wallet by API. I do not have any firewall at machine. IS there any log inside docker to check possibe “hidden” errors?

Regards
Nikola

I noticed you are using bitcoind = False in your configuration. We faced the same earlier.
I have not tried the suggestion Blockcert on testnet - #10 by kim yet as manual modification worked for us.

Dear,
thanks for your suggestions.
At the end it started to work.
What I did is next:

• installed the latest version of docker (probably not important)
  • downloaded the latest version from git for any case (probably not importatnt)
  • build docker without changing any of the files (not included my conf.ini and unsigned certificates)
  • started docker and set conf.in in /etc/cert-issuer folder together with pk_issuer.txt file
  • copied into docker container prepared unsigned certificates
  • started cert-issuer -c /etc/cert-issuer/conf.ini

Probably I’ve made the mistake because I build docker with my conf.ini and prepared unsigned certificates - and started process with my conf.ini inside /cert-issuer folder (I did not use and change /etc/cert-issuer/conf.ini)

Probably it was the problem.

Thanks again for your support. :slight_smile:
Regards

Nikola

1 Like