Using custom remote contexts

Any advice on adding my own contexts remotely to my credentials?

Whenever I try to implement credentials with my own context I receive a jsonld error

pyld.jsonld.JsonLdError: ('Could not retrieve a JSON-LD document from the URL.',)

Type: jsonld.LoadDocumentError

Code: loading document failed

Details: {'remoteDoc': {'contextUrl': None, 'documentUrl':

After more testing. In my @context, if I use the url that contains the v2.1 blockcerts context from the blockcerts url (https://www.blockcerts.org/schema/2.1/context.json) I get json-ld parsing errors, BUT if I use the https://w3id.org/blockcerts/v2.1 link that redirects to the context on the blockcerts domain then the issuer yields no errors. What is the difference between these two links as far as the issuer is concerned?

I am not sure about the internals of jsonld which I have had to debug at times, but w3id.org is there to provide some sort of normalization of the data. However in early days of v3 blockcerts referencing a URL that was not going through w3id.org was working. So from what you describe, I don’t know what the error could be.
Is your custom context a valid jsonld? You should be able to specify a third context or extra properties, as we do with Learning Machine (displayHTML, metadataJson, etc).

I have successfully linked direct contexts using the additional_global_fields for displayHTML and others but when I try to add another url to a remote context it gives me the error, I have validated that it is valid jsonld using the jsonld playground(JSON-LD Playground). The main reason I need this is that the Open Badges validation is yielding error from all 4 of the open badges extensions that blockcerts uses (RecipientProfile, SignatureLine, MerkleProof2017 and MerkleProofVerification2017).

if you can provide me with an example I can to see what’s happening locally

or at least a link to the context you are trying to use as an extra

I sent you the link to the remote context I am trying in a PM.