Today, we’re super excited to announce that the power of Blockcerts has finally arrived on the Android platform. If that's what you've been waiting to hear, go download the app now. Otherwise, let's take a look at what's in the latest release:
This app release contains feature parity with the iOS app so Android users can also have an easy way to store, view, and share their official records. They can:
- Generate public/private key pairs, managed by a passphrase
- Request certificates from issuing institutions by sending public key
- Recieve and view fully customized, immutable certificates of accomplishment
- Verify these certificates on-device
- Share certificates to Twitter, Facebook, and other social media.
While this app works best with our open source issuing tools, it fully conforms to the Blockcerts standard. This means:
- It works with any Blockcerts-compliant issuer
- It can read v1.2 or later Blockcerts certificates
- Supports metadata attachments and customized certificate rendering
Just like the iOS app, we've also released the full source of the Android app to the Blockcerts github repository. We believe making this app open source is crucial to add momentum to our ever-growing community of Blockcerts developers who believe in vendor indendence and repient ownership of important records.