Error broadcasting the transaction through the BlockExplorer API

I have coins in my wallet and try to create blockcerts for testnet. I got an error message like below:

INFO - verifying op_return value for transaction
INFO - verifying op_return value for transaction
INFO - verified OP_RETURN
INFO - verified OP_RETURN
WARNING - Caught exception trying provider <bound method BlockrIOBroadcaster.broadcast_tx of <cert_issuer.bitcoin.connectors.BlockrIOBroadcaster object at 0x7fd4e644b518>>. Trying another. Exception=Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
WARNING - Caught exception trying provider <bound method BlockrIOBroadcaster.broadcast_tx of <cert_issuer.bitcoin.connectors.BlockrIOBroadcaster object at 0x7fd4e644b518>>. Trying another. Exception=Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
ERROR - Error broadcasting the transaction through the BlockExplorer API. Error msg: Missing inputs. Code:-25

What is to be done with this ? I am stuck and can’t go any further. Thanks

I have the same problem, pls help

did you guys fix this in the end?

The last round of updates we did to cert-issuer did involve some touches to the blockchain explorer support, but I think there’s some known flakiness in some of their APIs that will sometimes cause erratic behavior. I’m not sure whether that’s what lazycoder was seeing, or whether it’s something else, but we’ve definitely been able to do testnet issuances since then. I’d be curious to know whether anybody has a repro of “missing inputs” symptom on a funded testnet address.

It was working on my end yesterday, but it just suddenly stopped working today and I get the same error message. I don’t think I changed any code, I was thinking maybe BlockExplorer’s API is down? Is it working on your end?

EDIT: maybe the node you guys are using in cert-issuer is down? Bitcoin Testnet Block Explorer | BlockCypher seems to be down too, last block is 16 hours ago.

moE59WtVZtJWrtv1f9kma9hr212HJxp5LD

This is my testnet address by the way, you can check on a block explorer, it definitely has funds in it

My hunch is that this lag bug on Blockcypher is causing false negatives in cert-issuer, but I haven’t had a chance to look actively at it yet. It wouldn’t surprise me, though, if the site returning back a well-formed but out-of-date result was not regarded as an error, per se. I just checked Blockcypher and it looks like it has caught up to about three hours ago.

One thing to try might be to comment out the Blockcypher entry in that module, just to see if at least you get ordinary errors and not a false negative.